I have found many people always searching for the most natural, best option to your average chemical madden gum. Well search no more people, Simple Gum has you covered. No this is not a sponsored or paid for post. I actually find their gum and mints enjoyable, without the stress of worrying what is in it. Y’all know that I live for simplicity, simple products, the simpler the better.
So lets get to know Simply Gum, directly quoted from their site:
“We started Simply Gum because we wanted a gum that was natural and delicious. A gum that we’d be proud to chew and proud to share.
It turns out that regular chewing gum is made of a plastic base and filled with questionable substances like aspartame and BHT. Consumers are kept in the dark because the FDA allows brands to hide synthetic ingredients in the catch-all term “gum base” on the label.
We knew we could do better.
And so we created a line of chewing gum, followed by a line of breath mints, that reflect our core values: Real ingredients, delicious flavors, and beautiful packaging.
We hope you like them as much as we do. ”
- BHT- Butylated Hydroxytoluene: A preservative commonly used in gum, known for its high toxicity- it is already banned in many other countries. BHT can be linked to hyperactivity in children, organ toxicity (kidney & liver damage) and is potentially carcinogenic.
- Titanium Dioxide – often used in “whitening” gums. Potentially carcinogenic (even more so in nano-particles) commonly linked to Crohn’s Disease, Asthma, and many Autoimmune Diseases.
- Aspartame – Possibly the most known and controversial ingredient. Linked to more than 75 and at least 90 symptoms, possibly carcinogenic, can cause weight gain, diabetes, possible birth defects..etc. Unfortunately the list is long.
- Calcium Phosphate ( aka Calcium Casein Pepton) – another form of a whitening used in gum, specifically Trident. It is derived from milk, not enough known about long term effects, is known to effect autoimmune. was deemed poisonous in China, for its link to infant poisoning, from its roll in formula.
- Gum Base – Unfortunately it is hard to track down exactly what is used in this, as the term is used lightly, some ingredients include but are not limited to: resin, fillers, wax, talc, plasticizers.
Now lets cover what is in Simply Gum:
- Natural Chicle Base
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Organic Vegetable Glycerin
- Organic Rice Flour
- All natural flavors, never artificial
Not all are used at once, usually they only have 4 ingredients and the natural flavor depends on the flavor you choose, my favorite is the ginger!
I hope this enlightens you to the dangers on commercial gum, and maybe helps you re-think your choice. My intention is not to scare you, only to inform you! Below is the link to the gum I love, and that was featured in this post, if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask or email me!