I have tried many facial tools in the past few years and have sworn by many and still stand by them. Ones using micro-currents, a simple jade roller, ice roller, my own two hands, you name it I have probably tried it, but I have found another that I find just as important and beneficial. I came across and instagram live that Lauryn Evarts Bosstick ( The Skinny Confidential ) was having and she was using the Clarisonic Smart Profile Uplift . Lauryn raved about the benefits & also swore by using it everyday & the results. It is quite pricey so over the past few months I’ve debated cost versus reward… and then finally caved. I think it’s important to splurge on items we find preventative, and will use everyday. I want to make note this wasn’t an impulse buy. I thought it over and really took the time to do my research. So roughly two weeks ago I splurged on this item and I have to tell you I am not only obsessed with it but I use it everyday twice a Day morning and night and already see and feel results.
Let’s get to the nitty gritty of facial massage and the benefits k?
I want to preface this with stating that a lot of people over look facial massage and see it as an oversight. When in actuality it is a crucial part of good skin care and your daily skin care routine.
• Encourages lymphatic drainage & detoxification (important for reduction of swelling and inflammation) during this process skin cells are activated which creates a more rapid skin cell turn over which in turn lessons the look of fine lines, puffiness & swelling
• Relieves Tension (When our facial muscles are tense your skin is more likely to harbour wrinkles, massage releases this tension)
• Collagen stimulation (Facial massage is a great way to encourage the development of collagen. Collagen [I have a full post on this] is what keeps the skin tight, firm, elastic and supple. This leaves your skin with a natural radiant healthy glow.
• It’s a Natural Facelift (When stimulating the facial muscles by regular facial massage oxygen is brought to those areas. This is an natural form of anti-aging. More blood flow = more collagen =radiant skin.
• Increases Circulation
• Improves facial absorption (Facial massage allows products to easily be absorbed into the skin, which give the products the best shot at being effective.)
How and When to practice Facial Massage:
You can always get facial massage down when you are getting a facial. At home, however, I cleanse, use toner apply my favorite serum & then moisturize after.
How much time to spend doing facial massage?
To see benefits all it takes is 1-2 minutes a day to relax your facial muscles. Depending on your skin type you may want to do more. For oily and acne-prone skin, under 10 minutes is ideal. For normal to dry skin 20 minutes tops as if there is too much stimulation this can cause breakouts. The Clarisonic Uplift actually shuts off after a few minutes and I kind of use that as a guide especially since I use it both morning and night.
*** You always want to make sure you are going in an upwards motion ( against gravity!!), circular motions, while starting from the inside of the face working outwards. Never pull the skin ***
Direct link to the product: Here!
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!!!